Introduction to leasehold management
DescriptionThis course will enable you to make leasehold and service charge management more effective.
What you'll learn
The course will enable attendees to:
- State the characteristics of long leases
- Explain the rights that leaseholders have with regards to service charges and major works.
- Recognise how shared ownership differs from 'traditional' leasehold and the differences between tenancies and leasehold.
- Understand the importance of what is written in the lease and how to deal with unclear terms.
- Manage leasehold effectively.
- Apply measures which could help in preventing service charge arrears.
- Appreciate good practice in managing service charge arrears.
- Manage the Section 20 process when major works are required and manage the repayment of associated charges.
- Explain the powers of the courts to forfeit leases and how to forfeit leases.
- Understand the role of the First-Tier Tribunal.
Who should attendThis course is suitable for officers who are responsible for the management of leasehold properties and/or the collection of charges relating to them.
Trainer InfoJohn Shortridge
Duration: 1 full day
CPD: 5 Hours
Dates & Locations15 March 2018, London
Member price £149 + VAT
Standard price £199 + VAT
Members: Click on login to book and enter your username and password.
Non-members: Click on book and register your details.
If you experience any difficulties please call us on 02476 851 789 or email us at email@example.com
Payment: You can request that we invoice your employer or make payment via credit/debit card. Please note all invoices must be fully paid before the event takes place.
The delegate price includes a comprehensive delegate pack, handouts, all refreshments and lunch.