Social housing in Wales
18 October 2018
A prefect foundation to understanding social housing in Wales. It will explore the provision of social housing, including an in depth look at the providing organisations, regulation and tenures.
What you'll learn
In detail this course will explore housing tenure and relationship between types of landlords and tenants. Learners will discover the services that housing organisations provide and how they are regulated and funded.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe different forms of housing provision and tenure in the UK.
- Explain the key features of the main tenures.
- Describe the different types of landlord in the rental sector.
- Describe the relationship between different types of landlord and their tenants.
- Outline the range of housing organisations.
- Describe the range of services housing organisations provide.
- Identify other organisations that work with housing providers to deliver services to tenants.
- Outline the kinds of services provided by these organisations.
- Identify the statutory bodies that regulate housing providers.
- List ways of paying for housing.
- Outline the role played by Social Landlords in developing affordable housing
- Why is housing so important
- Key features of the main housing tenures
- Types of landlords
- Range of services housing organisations provide
- The different organisations that work with housing to deliver services to tenants
- Who regulates the housing providers
- How housing is funded
- Developing Affordable Homes
Who should attend
For anyone who is new or not currently working in housing and wishes to improve their skills knowledge.
Duration: 1 full day
Dates & Locations
18 October 2018, Cardiff
CIH Members|Housing Partnership Organisations: £149 + vat
Non Members: £199 + vat