Homelessness Reduction Act 2017
To register your interest for our new course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 has received royal assent, but has not yet been brought into effect. The aim of the Act is to strengthen the focus on preventing homelessness and achieving positive outcomes for all those who approach local authorities seeking assistance as homeless or threatened with homelessness, by making amendments to Part VII of the Housing Act 1996. This course provides an overview of the new duties and examines implication of services.
What you'll learn
Following this course attendees will have an understanding of:
- The new duty to assess anyone who is homeless or threatened with homelessness within the next 56 days, and the duty to prepare a personalised plan for the applicant.
- The duty to take reasonable steps to prevent homelessness. This will include an overview of the main causes of homelessness and potential steps can be taken to prevent homelessness.
- The new duty to take reasonable steps to help secure that accommodation becomes available for those who are homeless.
- How the above duties fit in with the duty to provide an interim accommodation to those who are homeless and the full housing duty under the Act.
- When each of the above duties arises, the events that will bring an end to each of these duties and rights of review and appeal for applicants who are unhappy with the outcome.
- Any other relevant amendments that the new Act will make to the homelessness duties under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996.
Who should attend
All those involved in the delivery of local authority homelessness services, and those working with clients who may be seeking homelessness assistance from local authorities.
Trainer InfoGuy Wardle
Duration: 1 full day
CPD: 5 Hours
Dates & Locations
Our new course will be delivered at our Coventry and London offices. To register your interest, please email email@example.com
Member price £215 + VAT
Standard price £265 + VAT
Members: Click on Login to book and enter your username and password.
Non-members: Click on book and register your details.
If you experience any difficulties please call us on 02476 851700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment: You can request that we invoice your employer or make payment via credit/debit card. Please note all invoices must be fully paid before the event takes place.
The delegate price includes a comprehensive delegate pack, handouts, all refreshments and lunch.