CIH Level 2 Certificate in Neighbourhood Maintenance
600/4711/2This qualification will provide learners with the necessary skills and knowledge to be effective in their day-to-day neighbourhood maintenance work.
Aims & outcomesOn completion of this course learners will:
- have developed the skills and knowledge required to portray a positive personal image, including customer service and communication skills
- understand the process and principles of maintenance, including topics such as cleaning external surfaces and areas, cleaning glazed surfaces and facades, removing debris and litter and the maintenance of grass surfaces
EligibilityLearners should be:
- working in housing in a neighbourhood maintenance role
- aged 16+
All learners complete the following unit:
- Portray a positive personal image
In addition, learners must complete a minimum of three units from the following list. Units offered may vary depending on the centre delivering the qualification.
- Clean and maintain external surfaces and areas
- Clean glazed surfaces and facades
- Maintain grounds of premises and facilities
- Assist with the maintenance of grass surfaces
- Safe operation of powered garden machinery
- Prepare and operate power tools & attachments when working in the environment and land-based industries
- Deal with non-routine waste
- Check and record the condition of property
- Organise the maintenance and repair of property.
This qualification has a credit value of 13.
What to do next