CIH 2018 Housing Awards now open for nominations
Nominations for the CIH 2018 Housing Awards are now open. The awards ceremony, now in its ninth year, is run by the Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) and recognises and rewards achievements in housing and communities across Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Sponsored by Radius Housing, this year’s event features 12 different award categories covering many aspects of housing and support services. Nominations are encouraged from social and private housing providers, voluntary and community organisations, private landlords and letting agents as well as individuals working in the industry.
Nicola McCrudden, director for CIH NI & ROI, said: “This is the highlight of the year for people who work in housing and homelessness - an opportunity to be recognised amongst peers. Housing is very much a people business and our awards help to recognise the brilliant work of individuals and organisations who work year in and year out to improve people’s lives. We are delighted that this year’s sponsor is Radius, which provides housing care and support to 33,000 homes.”
John McLean, chief executive of Radius Housing said: “We are proud to sponsor the CIH awards which showcase the dedication, professionalism and creativity within our sector. Our tenants and service users are facing unprecedented challenges. Therefore the need to be innovative and go the extra mile has never been greater. There will doubtless be many examples of how housing providers across the island are providing the best housing, care and support.”
The closing date for entries is Friday 1 December 2017. Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on 23 February 2018 at Titanic Belfast.
The 12 award categories are:
• Best housing development
• Best housing story
• Excellence in customer service
• Excellence in health and wellbeing
• Excellence in residential lettings
• Exceptional contribution by a CIH member
• Housing hero
• Housing team of the year
• More than bricks and mortar
• Promoting equality
• Working in partnership
• Young professional of the year
To nominate, go to www.cih.org/ni/awards, choose the award category you wish to be considered for, and submit your entry before the deadline.
For more information please contact Edel Hughes, CIH learning and events officer on +44 28 9077 8222 or email@example.com.
Notes to editors
1. Radius Housing is the headline sponsor for the CIH 2018 Housing Awards. Radius Housing provides housing, care and support to over 33,000 homes. Radius is a social enterprise employing over 1,000 people and managing 12,000 properties in 80 towns across Northern Ireland. Radius provides supported housing with 24 hour care for frail and elderly people, people with dementia and those with learning difficulties; in addition it provides 14,000 day care placements. Up to 450 Staying Put projects are completed each year, enabling people to remain independent in their own home through adaptions. Our TeleCare services supports 23,000 customers. Radius spend £50m per annum on development and maintenance.
Radius Housing was established on 1 April 2017 following the merger of Fold Housing Association and Helm Housing.
2. The Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) is the independent voice for housing and the home of professional standards. Our goal is simple – to provide housing professionals with the advice, support and knowledge they need to be brilliant. CIH is a registered charity and not-for-profit organisation. This means that the money we make is put back into the organisation and funds the activities we carry out to support the housing sector. We have a diverse membership of people who work in both the public and private sectors, in 20 countries on five continents across the world. Further information is available at www.cih.org