Tenant involvement: hosted by UK Housing Awards winner Phoenix Community Housing (Webinar)
About the event
Speakers: Gail Nicholas, resident board member, Phoenix Community Housing and Sarah Thomas, communications and marketing manager, Phoenix Community Housing
Chair: Steve Hayes, communications manager, Chartered Institute of Housing
Benefits of attending
Find out how tenants play a major role in shaping Phoenix’s services and steering its overall direction, and what your organisation could learn from its award-winning approach.
Phoenix’s approach to tenant involvement has been recognised at both the UK Housing Awards and the Tpas Awards this year.
The webinar will cover:
• Phoenix’s model of resident leadership and creating involvement pathways
• The Phoenix Academy – a ‘school of social housing’ for residents
• The Community Chest – an annual £100,000 fund for local projects, determined by tenant vote
• The Young Makers’ Agency – involving younger residents in making a difference to their community
This webinar is free for members and £20 + VAT for non-members.
Members: Click on the book button and book your place using your CIH membership number and password.
Non-members: Are you a non-member of CIH or is this your first time using the website to book an event? Click on book and you will then be asked to register your details in order for your booking to be processed. Please note that once you have registered you will not need to do this again, instead you will need to login using your username and password.
We’ll send you instructions on how to use the webinar software and how to join the event before the event. Please note you must register onto the webinar software in order to join the webinar.
If you have any problems, please contact email@example.com
You may also be interested in some resident scrutiny training courses we're holding in October and December.
The training courses will cover:
- Explore the changing housing environment and its impact on resident scrutiny and engagement
- Building on existing strengths
Scrutiny in a digital world
- Adding value and showcasing your scrutiny work
Use the links below to find out more information and how to book your place.