Housing Disrepair: prevention is better that cure
About the event
11.30 - 11.45 Registration
11.45 - 13.00 Event
Our event will look at pre-litigation steps RPs can take to significantly reduce the number of successful disrepair claims, saving huge amounts of money and resources in the process.
One Housing Manchester RPs face many issues that require careful legal and strategic consideration. The continuing programme of events run by CIHNW and Croftons Solicitors will provide RPs with a range of insight and ‘real world’ legal, strategic and operational advice that will help you tackle these key challenges.
Areas we’ll cover include:
- Tenancy Agreements and overcommitting to tenant
- Getting policies and procedures fit for purpose
- Evidence gathering and record-keeping
- Enforcing access and seeking injunctions
- Taking a stricter line with surveyors
- Litigation checklist: what to do if a claim comes in
- Tenant lawyers – what are they looking for?
- Settlement vs. trial - weighing up your options
- Tips for a successful trial
- Training your staff on disrepair awareness
Benefits of attending
This event will provide delegates with a range of practical advice and best practice that will reduce the number of housing disrepair claims being made, and give them RPs better chance of a successful outcome should legal action be taken against them.
Who should attend
- Senior staff taking a strategic view on repair obligations
- Heads of Service
- Housing Managers
- Housing Officers
- In-house legal teams
- Repairs managers
- Risk / audit staff
- assistant Directors and other senior staff with responsibility for repairs/asset management
This event is free to attend for members and £40.00 + VAT for non-members.
Non CIH members, please note if you cancel within 3 days of the event or do not attend you will be charged the full fee.
Members - click on the book button and book your place using your CIH membership number and password.
Non-members - Are you a non-member of CIH or is this your first time using the website to book an event?
Click on book, you will then be asked to register your details in order for your booking to be processed. Please note once you have registered you will not need to do this again, instead you will need to log in via your username and password.
Alternatively contact email@example.com quoting ref: RENW150218